London is a city of endless possibilities and opportunities, and this is especially true when it comes to books. Whether you're a student in London Accommodation looking to expand your knowledge, a literature lover, or simply in need of a quiet place to study, London has a wealth of bookshops to suit every taste and interest. In this blog, we will explore some of the best bookshops in London for students.
- Waterstones Piccadilly: This iconic bookshop is located in the heart of London's West End and is a must-visit for any student in London Accommodation. With six floors of books, there's something for everyone, including a large selection of academic texts, fiction, non-fiction, and children's books. The bookshop also boasts a comfortable café, making it a great place to study or relax with a good book.
- Foyles: This independent bookshop is one of the largest in the UK and has been a staple in London for over a century. With over 200,000 titles in stock, you're sure to find what you're looking for. Foyles is also known for its regular events, including book signings, author readings, and workshops.
- Daunt Books: This independent bookshop has a charming, old-world feel and specializes in travel literature. With its wooden shelving, elegant interior, and knowledgeable staff, Daunt Books is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in a good book.
- Persephone Books: This independent bookshop specializes in forgotten works by women authors and has a beautiful selection of books, including fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. It's the perfect place for students interested in literature, feminism, and women's studies.
- Hatchards: This historic bookshop is the oldest in London and has been a favorite of writers and intellectuals for over two centuries. With a focus on fiction and non-fiction, Hatchards is a great place to find inspiration and discover new authors.
- he London Review Bookshop: This independent bookshop is a hidden gem in the heart of Bloomsbury and specializes in literature, history, and politics. It's the perfect place for students who want to stay up-to-date on current events and be a part of the city's cultural scene.
These are just a few of the many great bookshops in London for students living and studying in London. Whether you're looking for a quiet place to study, a source of inspiration, or just a place to escape, London's bookshops have something for everyone. So, whether you're a student, a local, or just visiting, be sure to check out one of these great bookshops and get lost in a good book.