Battersea is a neighbourhood in South London that offers students plenty of options for an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. Take the River Bus to Battersea Pier or appreciate the newly opened tube station right to the heart of the action. From Finsbury Park it is only 30 minutes on the Victoria Line to Vauxhall.
Here are some suggestions for things to do in Battersea:
- Visit Battersea Park, it is a large green space that offers a variety of activities, including walking and cycling paths, a boating lake, picnic locations, a zoo and an art centre.
- Explore the Battersea Power Station, the iconic building that has just undergone major renovations and has reopened with a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural venues.
- Battersea is located along the River Thames, offering a scenic walk and great views of the city.
- Visit the Battersea Arts Centre, it’s a cultural venue that presents a variety of performances, exhibitions, and workshops.
- Battersea is home to several museums and art galleries, including the Saatchi Gallery and the British Museum of Food.
- Battersea is also home to several markets, including the Battersea Farmers' Market and the Battersea General Market.
Remember, there are great opportunity to explore the neighbourhood and try something new. Whether you're interested in culture, food, or outdoor activities, there's something for everyone in Battersea.